Wednesday 16 May 2012

Self Love


Self Love

Friends, before you start getting ideas, this note MAY be entitled Self Love, but it is not about pleasing yourself. Not in the way YOU are thinking…..perverts!

This is an entirely different type of self-love. This is all about making you feel good. About You!

Let me give you a perfect example. Every piece of clothing that you possess, you once loved. You experienced a great feeling of elation when you took your purse out and paid for it.

Why? Because you loved it and felt that it looks great on you. But, as the months go by, sometimes within weeks, even, it is just part of a pile of clothes that you have. So, you need to go back and buy something else to make you feel good. Retail Therapy.

.I don’t know what it is going to take, but I would like to start a movement. Change this for ever. I would like to get to the point where, as you dress, in the morning, you pull out every item of clothing with love. Go back to how you felt when you bought it. Realise that nothing has changed, since you bought it. It is as beautiful now, as it was when you bought it.

I can honestly tell you that this is one of the reasons why I feel so good about myself. This is a big part of why I am always so happy.

If you were to ask me what I am wearing right now, I will say: “I am wearing my black wing tip brogues, with leather on the edges and calf skin in the middle. I am wearing my favourite sheer socks. I am wearing my 100% cotton, single button, single slash, single breasted black suit. I am wearing my white shirt, with the outstitch detail on the collar and on the cuffs. My lambswool sleeveless pullover and my favourite belt. I have accessorized all this with a matching tie, pocket square and cuff link combo.”

This may all sound long winded and boring, but I have done this all for a reason. Every one of the things that I am wearing, I was crazy about when I forked out my hard earned money to buy them. So, I will wear them with pride. I could very easily have said I am wearing a black suit and a white shirt. But that is me belittling the effort that it took to put the package that you see together.

Love Yourself. I WILL be asking you every morning what you are wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment