Saturday 23 April 2011

Why Do Men Cheat?

There really is no simple response to this. I could go on forever trying to convince you that not all men are dogs and that there Are some good men out there. But let's face it, I'd be faarting against thunder. Because for every one guy trying to do good by his woman, there are nine bending over backwards to reinforce the stereotype.

So, rather than try to defend our gender, perhaps it would make better sense to rather give some insight into some of the reasons why the men that do cheat, do cheat.

First of all. It very rarely has anything to do with what you did or what you didn't do. It is always sad to watch a woman who got cheated start going to gym and looking after her appearance, trying to "win her man back". But, chances are he would have cheated on you regardless.

Please, I cannot stress this enough. DO look after yourself. DO stay fit. DO pay attention to the chipping nail polish. Ease up on the matronly look. When women settle down, they do sometimes tend to start focusing more on "comfort" than style. News flash! He fell in love with a beautiful, stylish woman. Keep reminding him of that woman!

But, when you do all this, do not do it with the intention of keeping your man. Do it rather so that on your side, you can never blame yourself. Do it so that you can, with a clear conscience, say; "I did my best." If he always loved your cooking, say with pride, "I always cooked for him. I never passed that responsibility to the helper or fed him take aways 5 days a week.".

And, for heaven's sake, do not settle into a boring routine sexually. Granted, there are some men who never ever show their freaky sides to their madam (a true paradox if I have ever seen one), but, you can still show a bit of creativity. Heck, even in the missionary position, you can create some variety. Get on top, occasionally. Take off your clothes seductively and playfully, instead of undressing methodically and folding each item of clothing. Keep it entertaining.

Now, the crux of the matter. If you have all of these covered, none of it means he definitely won't cheat on you. But it DOES mean that YOU did your bit. The rest is all him.

Men will cheat because of one major reason. And many minor ones. But let us focus on the major one for now; EGO. Picture this; I have a beautiful wife at home. But she already knows all my shortcomings. She knows. Skipped payment last month on my fancy german car because money was a little tight. She knows that I snore. She has seen me cry. She knows that I have an irrational fear of clowns. I can't fool her. I can't be playing Mr Big Shot with her. But the young lady that I bump into, working at the till at Woolies doesn't know any of that, does she? If I decide to take her to Cofi, she won't say; "But we can't really afford this." She is going to see a man who is a King among men. Comfortable, confident, well groomed. What a man, what a man. So, whenever I want some escape, it is her I will go to. Then I will go back home for a dose of reality.

Here's another thing. And for this, I am sorry, but you ladies need to take credit. Women fake orgasms. I have no idea why. But you do. A LOT. But, the point is, if he doesn't really satisfy you and you fake it, two things will happen. One, he will not do anything different, because, why should he? He made you scream, so why change anything. Two, YOU will grow more and more frustrated at his lack of effort. But, really, who is to blame, there?

The point is, you are very dissatisfied and will gradually get sick of faking it. So you will do less and less fake screaming as time goes on. And, since he is doing the same thing he has always done, which used to make you scream, he will conclude, in his head that YOU are the problem. And he will go elsewhere to hear somebody else (fake) screaming. Sorry, but you need to take your share of the blame, there ladies.

But all in all. Because men are so egocentric, it really is the ego that drives men to cheat. We have a constant need for approval from women. And often, the approval of one woman stops being enough. That is when we start searching for it out there. And what says "I approve" quite like a woman allowing you to sleep with her?

NB; I won't go further.You will have to get the book to get the rest. "Wake Up! Woman!" Coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. you always inspire me with your writings Mr Yende ...wish you could help me publish my book ...pls respond me at kabelomoepeng7@gmail.com. ..or follow me at kabelomoepeng.blogspot.co.za

    ReplyDelete