Thursday 5 January 2012

The One

I wrote this note just a couple of months after Mo and I started dating. Since then, she has given me so much more reasons to consider her The One. I could literally add 10 more pages to this. However, i am going to post it in it's original format......



The One

So what makes somebody The One?

Well, obviously it differs from person to person. But, this is MY One:

Let's start with the cosmic stuff.

I was born on the 14th.
She was born on the 14th
We started dating on....yep, the 14th.

Cute coincidence, but still quite significant to me.

We get along like a house on fire. And at the same time, we are able to be quiet in each other's
Company and just BE. Sometimes our eyes can say so much more than words could ever say.
We often drive for a long time, with me using one hand, because we are holding hands.

We fit together so perfectly. Sexually. Mentally. Spiritually. We even spoon beautifully.

Seriously, she fits so brilliantly into the hook of my arm, when we are lying in bed; we never want to get up.

These are all small things, but in the bigger scheme of things, if you are contemplating a long term commitment, every little thing matters. You don’t want to wake up one morning and discover that you hate the way your significant other chews their food. Every little thing matters.

I am crazy proud of her. Every day, I just want to show her off to the world, because I am proud of her.
I am proud of the fact that, out of all the men in the world, she chose me. ME!
She inspires me every day and makes me want to be a better man. And in the midst of all my imperfections, she looks at me and sees a perfect man. As unworthy as I feel of her, she feels just as unworthy. She loves me just as much as I love her. And she is as much in awe of my being in her life as I am.
Every man wants to know that the day that he has children, they will be both smart and good looking. With her, my chances of both are fantastic. An independent thinker. I know that she can run a business as well as she can run a household. And, dammit, we will never sleep on an empty stomach. She prepared an amazing dinner, from less than nothing. Literally out of thin air. A planner and a strategist who thinks so far ahead. An ambitious woman who wants to be successful in her own right, while standing by her man and supporting his dream.
She is so comfortable in every environment. So I know that, as young as she is, she and I can go straight from hanging out with my friends, to lunch with high profile clients, to dinner with my folks, and she will make me proud in every way.

If I decide to run for president tomorrow, she would be my Michelle Obama, in a flash. I have about 5 notes worth of things to say about her. But all I can say is; I wish everybody could be blessed with a love like this. Because it is truly remarkable and oh, so rare! But, I believe everybody has somebody out there who will make them feel like this. The day you do, tell them.

Tell the world, so they never stop believing in love.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful my friend... Tell the world, so they never stop believing in love...

    ReplyDelete