Sunday 1 January 2012

These Damn Smokers

I knew this girl once, who was a smoker. And she absolutely refused to smoke anywhere near me. This was totally out of choice, you understand. Had nothing to do with MY dislike of smoking. She also refused to come anywhere near me until she had freshened up and sorted out her breath. This girl was truly beautiful, but THAT is what endeared her to me. Made me realise that she KNEW as all smokers should, just how annoying her habit really is to those around her.

If you really want to know how annoying cigarette smoke is, talk to a former smoker and ask them how annoying they find cigarette smoke. See, when you smoke, you really don't notice cigarette smoke much. After all, your senses have been dulled. But quit smoking and then pay attention, as your sense of smell goes back to normal.

I swear, I once had a conversation with one imbecile (and really, i think i am insulting imbeciles here) who argued that the wind blows the cigarette smoke away. So, what am i complaining about? He had the nasty habit of standing outside an open door or window and carrying on the conversation with us in the house. I mean, why bother stepping outside, the smell is coming right back into the house. He even went as far as pointing at the smoke and showing me the direction of the wind. Moron! Try standing at the door and then farting. THEN tell me that just because nobody can see the fumes going into the house, then no smell will go in.

The point is this....I really don't give a damn if you want to set your face on fire....just be aware that the moment I smell your damn cigarette, which is IMMEDIATELY....I just want to replace that damn cigarette with my fist. You know how they say kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray? Believe me, hanging out with an inconsiderate smoker is just as bad. Worse because the genius thinks he is doing you a favour by stepping away 5 steps. Seriously, buddy. You clearly didn't study physics. 

Smokers, seriously.....please stop smoking in front of us. And for heaven's sake, stop smoking in the car and blowing outside. That does NOT help. The worst offenders, though, are the assholes who smoke with children in the car. Those wankers should be shot. Public execution. No arrest, no trial, no sentence. Skip all of that. Straight to the public freaking execution. Biggest irony, you will see the same idiot carefully strapping their child onto the child seat. Thank you Mr/Mrs Conscientious! 

That is my first rant of the year....

No comments:

Post a Comment